WHAT IS MICRODERMABRASION
Controlled Microdermabrasion is a modern technique designed, with the help of a gentle, mechanical peeling process, to improve the skin’s regenerative capabilities and to better control specific skin conditions. It has been used for over 20 years with great success by Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists and Skin Therapists for the treatment of skin problems such as scar tissue, pigmentation abnormalities and acne to name but a few.
The basic aim of Microdermabrasion is to restore the ideal balance between healthy, well functioning cells needed for a radiant appearance and the dead corneocytes needed for our protection from the environment.
TYPES OF TREATMENTS WE OFFER
We can treat a variety of conditions with Microdermabrasion. From general brightening and rejuvenation, enlarged pores, acne scarring, pigmentation problems, stretch marks and scar reduction. We use the Peel Professional™ Microdermabrasion system for all of the above treatments at our salon.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A TREATMENT
Our treatment process
Unlike many other salons, our treatments include a full pre-peel routine and also post- peel products to help maximise the benefits of the treatment process. Our pre and post peel products are professional strength products from the Dermalogica professional product range.
1. The skin is thoroughly cleansed to remove any surface dirt or oils.
2. A gentle anti-bacterial lotion is then applied to remove any surface bacteria.
3. A gentle pre-peel exfoliant is applied to the skin to help loosen the dead-skin making it easier to remove with the microdermabrasion crystals and vacuum suction.
4. The aluminium oxide crystals are then used, in combination with vacuum suction, to remove the dead skin cells generating the stimulation of the cell’s natural renewal process.
5. A post-peel anti-bacterial lotion is applied, again to remove any surface bacteria from the skin surface.
6. An anti-oxidant and anti-ageing masque is applied to begin the renewal process and to feed the fresh skin layers with moisture.
7. Lastly a light-weight moisturiser is applied to help hydrate and seal the fresh-looking skin.